Friday, October 15, 2010

off day

today i had the most miserable work out. can't put my finger on it exactly. not sure what was going on. i did do a new strength workout on tuesday and that may have had something to do with it as my legs were a bit sore still today.

when i woke up this morning it was a beautiful, crisp fall day. poor puppy looked at me longingly. can we go for a run? i was going to run 2-3 miles today. i planned on it. the thought of running outside was just too much though. i decided to go to the gym instead. sorry pups.

so at the gym i did 3 miserable miles on the treadmill. they were absolute torture. i wanted off ever second of that run. i felt like i was lugging an elephant on my back. i ran mostly at 6mph. within that 3 miles i also did 3 hills at 6% for 1/4 mile. i actually planned to stop at 2.5 miles but i carried the torture on. the whole run i was fidgeting with my ipod, my clothes and pretty much everything.

when i was done it was on to strength training. pull muscle day as i did push on tuesday. very tired during weights. i even cheated my last set of lat pull downs which is not like me. i then went and did some mat work for my itband and butt. i should not have today due to my mood. i could barely do 5 reps of  simple exercises like side leg lifts and clamshells. very humbling. actually i wanted to cry a bit.

the moral of the story. some days it just sucks. we ALL have those days.

No comments: