Wednesday, November 23, 2011

BACK ON THE WEIGHT LOSS TRAIN

CHOO CHOO! (said with ZERO enthusiasm and a ton of sarcasm)

weight is at a scary level. very scary. i haven't been this heavy since i was 16 i believe. i have been really struggling with either i am ok with how i look and i need to lose weight. at this point i do believe losing 5-10lbs is about health and not really vanity. i don't think i look bad in a bathing suit but i feel bleh in my clothes. yes i know this makes NO sense.

i am doing something new this time though. i am NOT focusing on fitness at all. i will workout when i feel like it and frequently but i am not planning on doing my typical killer workouts that leave me famished and fatigued. fatigue is a huge food trigger for me. more so than stress. what is the point of me working out if i end up eating the calories i just burned.  i will track my calories burned but just for statistical purposes.

my focus is going to be on what i put in my mouth and counting calories. i will track everything i put in my mouth a minimum of 5 days a week. i have no excuses. i can track on my iphone. to lose 5 lbs by christmas i need to eat between 1300-1600 calories a day. focus will be on fruits and veggies.

today was day one and i was very irritable. this is my favourite part of cutting calories. (said with ZERO enthusiasm and a ton of sarcasm)

i made a yummy soup for dinner in the crock pot. very basic:
*onion
*carrots
*celery
*left over turkey
*barley
*chicken stock
*tomato paste
*pepper

throw it in the crock pot on low at 11am and was ready for dinner.

1 comment:

Krissy said...

Ah, yes, the joyful restriction of calories. Screw that, just go all out and pig out on veggies and fruit, you don't even have to count with the freggies. You can even cook them the eat the heck out of them. Your poo will even float, and how cool is that? In a house full of boys you can have the best terd! Just kidding of course with that last bit. ... or maybe I'm not? Hahaha!